Saturday, November 23, 2013

FEMA Fever 2

   Sent a copy of the FEMA Fever posting to our local Congressman, asking for comment. Here's part of his reply:

   "Thank you for contacting your Congressional office. Understanding your ideas and concerns is important to me, as it helps me to better represent you and the Eighth District of Pennsylvania.

   "In the meantime, I encourage you to take my short online survey at http://fitzpatrick.house.gov/survey and let me know what issues are important to you."

Sincerely,

Mike Fitzpatrick
Member of Congress 

   Funny, it seems I just did that, with comments and questions on an issue of importance.
   Anyway, here's the reply to Mr. Fitzpatrick:

   Thanks for your computer-generated non-response response. The point, however, is to get your reaction to the idea that 96 percent of the FEMA proposed funding will go to salaries and expenses, as well as the large amount of money going to repair church-related structures. The bill, HR 3300, was proposed by your Pennsylvania Republican colleague, Bill Shuster of the 9th District, in the Altoona area. 

   What's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment