Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Imperious Presidency

 Or is it  the impervious presidency?
 In your dreams, pal.

  Some dream quotes that reflect the attitudes of the current occupant of the Oval Office:
     
   Don't blame me, it's the fault of Congress, because they won't do as I say.
   After all, I'm the president and they're not.
   The three branches of the U.S. government may be equal, but the presidency is more equal than the others. I read it somewhere. You could look it up. On second thought, you don't have to look it up. Just believe me.
   And if you don't believe me and do as I say, I'll pick up my hair dye and go home. So there.

   It's not illegal or unconstitutional to criticize the president. Any president, any time, anywhere.
   The current president criticized his predecessor to the point of libel, insisting on spreading lies long after they were proven wrong.
   The pity and the danger to the republic is that his Devoted Followers continue to accept and believe whatever he says, no matter how foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment