Friday, September 16, 2022

Danger

   Americans would rebel if Donald Trump were indicted, said the ex-president.
   "If it happened, I think you'd have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we've never seen before," he said in a radio interview. "I don't think the people of the United States would stand for it."
   Radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt then asked how Trump would answer if the news media said such comments would incite violence.
   "That's not inciting," Trump answered. "I'm just saying what my opinion is. I don't think the people of this country would stand for it."
   Listen up.
   When a major public figure offers an opinion, it is heard as ... pick a word: suggesting, encouraging, inciting, warning, threatening -- or any of several others.
   The danger is real. Claiming it is not only increases the danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment